Tuesday 28 November 2017

Meet Gatarira, a PhD academician who dreams big in music


Pierre Cobes Gatarira. He is pursuing PhD in plant breeding at University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
He completed his Bachelors’ studies at UR, former Umutara Polytechnic, In Agriculture, and then Masters in agronomy at Annamalai University in India.

He started music at High School at Petit Seminaire Zaza, but could not hold as he was busy with studies from Rwanda, India to Nigeria until he now thinks it is his right time to awake his talent.

Gatarira now has one song to his name, and is relished to carry on releasing more tracks consistently.

“I now want to give music more time and start producing a lot of quality songs,” he said.

He is now in contact with one of the Nigerian Music Studios working on a new English track which is going out this November as he does all these while off from studies.

“I am trying to promote both academic research and music; I have seen that music can also promote music”


Gatarira is studying in the country which is home to a number of big music stars at the international scene, and one would wonder if he used that opportunity to approach them for music collaborations.

He reveals he tries his best to convince them and he, for instance, is in talks with one of them to work on his music project getting released this month (November).

“I am planning to produce my song in Men Music Group, and, hopefully, Tekno will be one of my producers and he will sing in that song as well”



“I will try to approach the likes of Kiss Daniel, Tekno and many more [in my future projects]. We are often close, but not much”

Did he [Tekno] confirm already?

 I cannot say yes or not, but I will let you know after shooting the video of my new track. Featuring in the song is now 50/50 (per cent).

What are your future plans in music? How far are you dreaming to reach and what gives you motivation that you will reach there?

I cannot predict my future but my dream is to take my music to a higher level. I also want to own my own music studio thanks to which I can have many more songs to my name. It can also help me promote future artists, especially young talents.

What kind of music do you compose?

 I would like to produce more love music, in RnB and Afro Beat styles, because they can promote love. You know that without love, this world is nothing, no happiness, no business and no marriage. I think love music contributes a lot in building good relationships between people in the community.



No comments:

Post a Comment